During my career, I have covered a broad range of functions, spanning from operations, compliance, risk management, and finance all the way to general management and strategy setting. I coordinated and managed internal and external service providers and cross-cultural teams across multiple locations.
I like acting as an enabler – managing and coordinating interdisciplinary projects or building up / re-structuring a business with solid operations to support it – while making use of my analytical, structuring and problem-solving skills. My ability to think out-of-the-box and seeing the bigger picture come in handy for this.
• BBA (major: Financial Reporting and Accounting) from the University of Applied Sciences, School of Business and Administration, Berne, Switzerland
• Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
• Certified Financial Risk Manager (FRM)
• Project Management Professional (PMP)
• English and German
• Communication skills in French
• Hands-on generalist with broad know-how and over 25 years of experience across multiple jurisdictions and cultures (Switzerland, Asia, U.S., offshore domiciles) in the financial industry, a significant portion thereof in senior roles and as consultant
• Founder and Managing Director of Shiok AG, Switzerland (since 2019)
• Managing Director of Gecco Pte. Ltd., Singapore (since 2013)
Before joining Gecco Pte. Ltd., Roland held senior positions with J.H. Whitney Investment Management and with GFIA in Singapore, as well as with creInvest in Switzerland. He had started his career in various roles with Swiss Bank Corporation, Union Bank of Switzerland (both merged into today’s UBS) and Julius Baer Asset Management.